Mandatory Active Clergy meetings set for Oct. 14, 18 & 28 via Zoom.
Last month, Bishop Lowry sent a letter
to Central Texas Conference clergy, lay leadership and Trustee chairs directing all churches, faith communities and ministries of the CTC to end all chartering agreements
with the Boy Scouts of America by Dec. 31, 2021 and establish a Facility Use Agreement with their BSA troop or pack(s).
Beginning Oct. 14, Jeff Roper, Executive Director of the Roberts Center for Leadership & Administration, and the District Superintendents will be facilitating a series of online meetings to discuss…
- more details about this ongoing BSA bankruptcy and what it means to the conference and local churches going forward;
- how to convert from a Charter to a Facility Use Agreement;
- steps to take if you’ve already entered into a Charter that runs beyond Dec. 31, 2021; and
- other questions/concerns local churches have on how they should respond to this developing situation.
These meetings are mandatory for all active Central Texas Conference clergy currently under appointment in the local church. Local church Trustee chairs are also highly encouraged to attend. Clergy and Trustee chairs serving churches in the New Church Start District should attend the meeting set for their geographic district if possible. The schedule for the meetings is as follows
- Oct. 14 – 6:30 p.m. North & West Districts
- Oct. 18 – 6 p.m. South & Central Districts
- Oct. 28 – 6:30 p.m. East District
While it's preferable for appointed clergy and local church Trustee chairs to attend the meeting set for their district, they may attend any of the meetings listed above if there is a scheduling conflict. A very quick registration
is required to receive a link to the meetings. Please click here to register
Please contact your district office if you have questions or are unable to attend any of the meetings scheduled.