UMW - Senior Project & Administrative Coordinator
Summary of Responsibilities
The Senior Project and Administrative Coordinator initiates, plans, executes and maximizes the efficiency of project deliverables
through assignment and serves as executive support to the Chief Executive Officer/General Secretary and Operations Officer. The
Senior Project and Administrative Coordinator assists as a liaison between administrative staff/project coordinators and Position,
Engage, Mobilize (PEM) and the Senior Leadership Team (SLT). A key function of this position will be to coordinate routine tasks
and special projects primarily through assignment. The Senior Project Coordinator must be creative, skilled in utilizing information
technology systems and enjoy working in a mission-driven, results-oriented and time sensitive environment. The ideal individual will
have proficiency in project management and ability to work independently to coordinate and track projects from conception to
completion using appropriate tools. The Senior Project and Administrative Coordinator will exercise good judgment in a variety of
situations, have strong written and verbal communication competency, critical thinking and problem-solving skills and the ability to
maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. This position requires working on confidential matters with discretion, is not
static and will be revised as the needs of the organization evolve.
- Experienced in project management techniques and tools.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention
- to detail and high standards of project outcome deliverables.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members,
- external partners and donors
- Professional level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and
- demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Master's degree required.
- Five to eight year's administrative/project management experience at an executive administrative level, preferably in a
- religious nonprofit or community-based organization.
- Familiarity and Board knowledge of polity of the United Methodist church is helpful.
- Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
Contact: United Methodist Women National Office
475 Riverside Drive, 15th Floor New York NY 10115
Attached file(s): view file