Pianist - Crowley First United Methodist Church
FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH OF CROWLEY
Established Date: October 25, 2021
To enhance the music ministry of First United Methodist Church of Crowley by providing piano music. Knowledge and the ability to play other instruments would be welcome.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JOB SKILLS MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrates a commitment to the vision and spiritual life of the congregation.
- Possesses skills in selecting and performing a variety of styles of music appropriate to the needs and requests of the church community. The worship music includes a wide range of styles, from classical to gospel to modern.
- Possesses skills in organization and use of resources.
- Secure a replacement in the event of an absence from any regularly scheduled commitment by arranging an honorarium from the music budget.
- Provide piano accompaniment for the congregation and choir during Sunday morning and at choir rehearsals.
- May provide piano accompaniment for the congregation and possibly choir for special services as discussed with pastor and worship teams.
- May provide music for weddings and funerals. The stipend will be determined with consultation with the pianist. If the family wishes to have a guest pianist/organist, this will be coordinated with the attending Pastor. Work with Music/Choir Director on music coordination for funerals as needed by Pastor.
- To promote the spiritual life of the congregation through the music ministry.
- Teamwork and Communication
- To work collaboratively and communicate frequently with the pastor and appropriate worship teams.
- To keep lines of communication open and bring concerns directly to the head pastor or the SPRC. (Staff Parish Relations Committee).
- To attend weekly staff meetings as scheduled in person or on zoom.
- To meet at least once per year with SPRC.
- Is able to work in a team setting with other staff members and lay volunteers.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned or required.
Demonstrates the ability to perform music, on the piano, as needed by church and choir functions. Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
REPORTING STRUCTURE AND TEAM
- Ability to listen to and communicate with people of all ages and musical backgrounds.
- Interest in a wide range of musical experiences.
- Ability to work with volunteers and committees.
- Skills for researching music issues and programs related to people in the congregation and community.
- Sensitivity to what makes worship effective.
- Take Ministry Safe training before beginning employment (Training will be updated every two (2) years). A background check is required and will be updated every two (2) years.
- Yearly Appraisals will be done by SPRC as defined by the Book of Disciplines, 258.2 (g)(5).
- Vacation and Sick Time as defined by the First United Methodist Church of Crowley, Human Resource Handbook, Employees Benefit Programs, Section 300.
The pastor serves as a direct staff supervisor based on the Book of Disciplines, 340 (c)3.b, in consultation with the SPRC.
Decisions must constantly be made to ensure quality, productivity, and teamwork in operational processes while ensuring the best interest of the Church is met.
Interacts with pastor, staff, and congregation.
If you are interested in this position please email Pat Esterline at email@example.com
Contact: Pat Esterline
509 Peach St. Crowley 76036
Email: Click to email
Attached file(s): view file