The primary component of the Music Ministry Administrative Assistant position is to provide
administrative, clerical, and communication support for music ministry function. This position
will handle routine office duties and work closely with the Director of Music & Worship and
other music staff. These duties support the mission of the church: Leading Others to Jesus. The
position, supervised by the Director of Music & Worship, is an important organizational
component of the church’s overall Music and Worship Ministry. Ideal candidates will possess
previous administrative experience as well as a common working knowledge of music
terminology and music function within the church.
The Music Ministry Administrative Assistant is a paid part-time position (15 hrs. weekly).
Compensation is commensurate with past experience and education.
• Strong Christian faith and character
• Supports the vision and mission of TUMC
• Previous administrative experience
• Common working knowledge of music terminology and music function within the local
• Excellent written and verbal language skills
• Continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials
• Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
• Strong work ethic – professional, responsible, and proactive
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Adept mastery with use of fax machines, copiers, scanners, binding machines, etc.
• Ability to handle different challenges each day and adequately prioritize those demands
Page | 2
Education & Experience Qualifications
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Associates degree, business school certification, and/or some college preferred
• Previous office experience preferred. In lieu of experience, college education will be
accepted - or another equivalent combination of education and experience
• Perform administrative assistant support tasks: Initiate and respond to email messages;
create, proof, and send weekly email campaign projects; assemble and forward written
and/or typed physical letters and postcards
• Complete building request forms for all music ministry and staffing needs
• Initiate email, phone, and social media communications as needed
• Greet and answer inquiries from church and staff members; route and resolve
information requests with a customer service focus
• Process outgoing packages/mail and receive deliveries for Music Ministry needs
• Assist in preparing and organizing special music events (concerts, recitals, choir tours,
• Maintain Music Library organization and efficiency
• Maintain accurate records of Music Ministry attendance data
• Fulfill other administrative tasks as needed
Physical Demands & Work Environment
• The primary work environment for this position is the church office.
• The physical demands for this position include light lifting, seeing (with a focus on
reading, acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision), sitting more than 50%, and
Submit your current resume, and include within it your personal statement of faith.
Kendall Carter, Director of Music & Worship
Contact: Kendall Carter
Email: Click to email
Attached file(s): view file