Director of Finance - FUMC Coppell
First United Methodist Church Coppell
: Finance Director
: Executive Director of Administration
Oversee and maintain the general financial systems of the church and carry out the financial decisions made by the Finance Committee.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Keep accurate and detailed records. Prepare monthly financial statements (including balance sheet, income statement and supporting schedules) for church and school operations and be knowledgeable of variances and account balances.
- Supervise the handling of all receipts and disbursements authorized by the church budget and other church accounts in accordance with well-established accounting procedures. Keep the staff and committee chairpersons informed on disbursements in their respective budgets. Verify that all purchases are within the scope of the church budget.
- Oversee accounts payable and process in a timely fashion.
- Supervise the preparation of charge conference, conference check out and the annual financial report.
- Prepare information as needed for the annual financial audit.
- Maintain an efficient system of membership pledging and contribution accounting with a monthly report to each member or constituent.
- Analyze pledging and giving patterns.
- Develop and improve financial reports, projections and financial systems for Finance Committee, ministry program leaders and designated funds. • Develop and maintain financial policies and procedures.
- Maintain cash flow reporting to anticipate cash requirements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various financial institutions and consult with the Finance Committee on financing needs.
- Coordinate the efforts of the staff and Finance Committee to develop and prepare annually a preliminary draft of the operating budget for the following year.
- Schedule and oversee offering counters.
- Attend Finance Committee meetings.
- Supervise the processing of electronic funds transfer contribution deposits.
- Process semi-monthly payroll and maintain employee payroll and employment records.
- Make monthly remittances to the conference treasurer. Disburse funds to the causes for which they have been contributed.
- Manage health insurance and pension for eligible staff. Assess current coverage periodically and distribute necessary information and documents in a timely fashion.
- Assist Executive Director of Administration and Senior Pastor on special projects as requested.
- College graduate. Business degree with major in accounting preferred.
- 5 years work experience in public accounting, or related industry experience in financial accounting. CPA a plus.
- ACS Realm church management software, Microsoft Office, and QuickBooks accounting software.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to keep member contribution information confidential.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good communication and people skills.
- Flexibility to transition to different projects as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Contact: Steve Allen
420 S. Heartz Road Coppell TX 75019
Email: Click to email
Attached file(s): view file