Northaven United Methodist Church (Northaven) is seeking a full-time Director of Children and Family Ministries to create and build a high-quality program of nurturing children and their families in a theologically-progressive and inclusive setting.
Northaven United Methodist Church is a progressive 500-member congregation located in North Dallas. Our ministry is centered at the intersection of Faith and Justice as we are committed to sharing God's love for the world through ministries of compassion, peace, justice, and reconciliation. Because we believe that God's love in Jesus Christ has broken down the walls that divide us, we seek to embody that love in our congregation and welcome people of all races, sexual orientations, and economic circumstances. We seek an experienced candidate who has the energy and expertise to take our ministry vision and build programming that promotes and sustains a vibrant ministry for children and their families.
The successful candidate will bring new ideas, concepts, and approaches to Northaven, exuding an entrepreneurial spirit to take ideas into action and collaborating with our staff and membership to form this ministry.
Responsibilities include developing creative educational and recreational programs to nurture children in the love of God and neighbor, equipping families to help their children grow in faith, and empowering children and families to witness to their faith in the community through service and advocacy.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required
• Graduate coursework or Master’s Degree in education or theology preferred
• LGBTQ+ affirming with an unwavering commitment to inclusion and diversity
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience on staff at a church or in a non-profit setting focused on children and families
• Heart for nurturing the faith journey of children and their families
• Ability to create and implement a vision for growing our children’s ministry in a theologically-progressive and inclusive environment
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with church members of all ages
• Experience with programs such as Godly Play and/or A Time for Children is a plus Schedule and compensation
Full-time position (40 hours), including Sunday morning programming and worship
• Includes healthcare benefits and option to participating in matching retirement plan after one year
• Salary commensurate with education and experience To apply, please send resume to email@example.com.
Contact: Julie Reeves
Address: 11211 Preston Road Dallas TX 75230
Email: Click to email
Attached file(s): view file