FUMC - Alvarado
Reports to: Music Director, Senior Pastor, and Staff-Pastor Parrish Relations
Fair Labor Standards Act: Exempt (Salaried)
The Pianist will provide the accompaniment for the sanctuary choir during worship and
practice, as well as play for the congregation during the singing of hymns in worship.
• Play for weekly choir rehearsal, including parts.
• Play accompaniment for the sanctuary choir during weekly worship at the traditional
• Play the piano during congregational singing of hymns during the weekly worship of
the traditional worship service, as well as, play for solos when needed.
• Play the piano for preludes, postludes, offertories during worship.
• Be available for the practice and worship for three special services throughout the
year: Christmas Eve, one service during Lent/Easter season, and one other special
service during the year as needed.
• Coordinate music selection with the Music Director, as needed.
• Complete Ministry Safe Training
• Proficient in choral accompaniment of hymns and anthems.
• Proficient in playing parts as needed.
• Proficient in sight reading music.
• Able to move freely in and out of different settings (homes, church, schools, etc.)
• Ability to perform in public forums
• Interpersonal skills: Demonstrates ability to work others; actively listens and openly
accepts constructive criticism; productively engages and resolves interpersonal
conflict, relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside of the congregation;
builds appropriate rapport; builds effective and constructive relationships; uses
diplomacy and tact; is regarded as a team player.
• Preparedness: Demonstrates the ability to prepare effectively; arrives for practice
and worship ready to participate and lead.
Attached file(s): view file