Central Texas Conference Youth Ministry Coordinator
Central Texas Conference of The United Methodist Church
Position: Conference Youth Ministry Coordinator
Resumés accepted: April 12-26, 2023
Projected hire date: On or before May 10, 2023
Send resumés and references via email to Rev. Meg Witmer-Faile, Associate Director of Evangelism, Mission & Church Growth, at MegWitmer-Faile@ctcumc.org
The Central Texas Conference of The United Methodist Church is seeking a highly motivated, creative, and relational servant leader to serve as Conference Youth Ministry (CYM) Coordinator. In this full-time position, the coordinator will collaborate with students throughout the conference to create, develop and support ministry pathways for youth to connect through churches, colleges and communities via intentionally inclusive faith formation and fun grounded in Christ-centered United Methodist theology. The CYM Coordinator will also serve as a liaison between the Conference Youth and CTC leadership to best establish an active partnership in the Conference’s efforts to look to the future and lay a strong foundation in which the youth of today may build and lead a vibrant and vital church of tomorrow.
Youth Connection Focus:
- Develop strong and fruitful networking connection groups with youth workers throughout the Central Texas Conference.
- Meet with youth workers (full-time, part-time, and volunteer) to listen, guide, and gather feedback for the purpose of informing conference youth initiatives.
- Recruit facilitators for networking groups and training of youth workers to enrich each other’s ministry (by region, affinity, topic).
- Recommend and develop relevant resources for local churches.
- Share emerging youth ministry best practices and trends on the engagement, participation,ser and faith development of young people (particularly persons ages 13-25).
- Gather and report on the immediate needs and enduring strengths of existing youth ministry in the Central Texas Conference for the purpose of informing future visioning and planning.
- Partner with other ministry areas such as Wesley Foundation campus ministries, Glen Lake Camp camping and leadership ministries, Project Transformation, SMU-Perkins School of Youth Ministry and additional partnership resources.
Youth Leadership and Mission Focus:
- Resource churches with relevant youth service opportunities with mission organizations, multi-church partnerships and conference/district missional experiences.
- Create relevant opportunities for youth to lead in areas of Conference life beyond their local church, working toward an established Conference Youth Leadership Team that meets current United Methodist Book of Discipline requirements (Conference Council on Youth Ministry - CCYM).
- Facilitate mentoring and experiences for youth discerning a call to vocational ministry.
- Contribute to and ensure the successful planning and execution of Conference youth events and retreats.
- Recruit youth and young adults to serve on Conference- and district-level teams.
- Advocate for young people on local-, district-, Conference-, and denominational-level teams and connect youth to existing leadership opportunities.
- Preferred: Undergraduate degree, youth ministry certification, seminary degree
- 3-5 years of relevant youth leadership experience in diverse ministry contexts.
- Highly relational, engaging, collaborative, creative, inclusive, and positive demeanor.
- Possess a high-level of self-awareness, critical thinking skills, and proven leadership ability.
- Vibrant Christian faith in harmony with The United Methodist Church
- Competent in digital communication and social media platforms, particularly but not exclusive to Facebook, Instagram, Tik-Tok or other emerging platforms
- Exceptional communication, planning, organizational, and collaboration skills
- Respectful and welcoming of racial, ethnic, gender, ability, and cultural diversity.
- Adept at producing under tight deadlines, dealing with ambiguity and highly adaptive.
- Preferred: undergraduate degree, youth ministry certificate/coursework, seminary degree
- Annual salary: $50,000 (plus benefits: health/retirement, mileage/travel allowance)
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Advisory Onboarding Team
Contact: Rev. Meg Witmer-Faile, Associate Director of Evangelism, Mission & Church Growth
3200 E. Rosedale St. Fort Worth TX 76110
Email: Click to email
Attached file(s): view file