Associate Director of Student Ministries- FUMC Round Rock
First United Methodist Church of Round Rock is looking to add someone awesome to their Student Ministry team that will join us in building impactful relationships with students in grades 6-12, raising up leaders, and equipping teenagers for meaningful service in the Kingdom of God. This person will be instrumental in the regular operations of our student ministry department, as well as setting goals for our ministry along and will work with the Director of Student Ministries, teams of volunteers and the staff of FUMC Round Rock to achieve those goals. FUMC Round Rock is a mission oriented, growing congregation that sits in the heart of Round Rock, Texas- a rapidly expanding community just north of Austin. We are considered to be one of the 100 largest United Methodist Churches in the United States and are active in engaging our community in a way that reflect the love and grace of Jesus Christ. Our Student Ministry department is entering into a new season, and we are excited for new opportunities to engage students in meaningful and lasting relationships, build up Christ centered leaders, and continue a strong mission-minded tradition within our student ministry.
Salary for this position is $42,000.
Characteristics of the Student Ministry Associate: The ideal candidate for this ministry position will be:
- Someone who is chasing after God’s own heart.
- They will be an active participant in worship and Bible study.
- Passionate in their call to Student Ministry.
- Eager to learn, grow, and stretch themselves in order to grow as a disciple and leader
- A team player that takes initiative and is a self- starter in developing and executing programming and events.
- Ability to connect relationally with students and adults
- Detail oriented and capable in the areas of administration, tracking budgets, assigned responsibilities
- Self motivated, servant leader
- Effective communicator
Qualifications of the Associate Director of Student Ministries:
• A bachelor’s degree
• Must live out Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and theology.
• Be missionally minded and focused on the advancement of the Kingdom of God within our community
• Be of high character and hold themselves to high moral standards
• Be a great Christian role model for our Middle and High School Students
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem solving skills, and people skills.
• Seeks to empower and develop strong student and volunteer leaders
• Possess administrative skills related to student ministry including but not limited to planning events, communicating with volunteers, parents, and other ministries, making reservations, tracking attendance, and gathering resources.
• Must demonstrate the ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a student ministry within the parameters of the United Methodist Church.
• Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with students, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers. Responsibilities of the Associate Director of Student Ministries:
• Be active in establishing and building relationships with students and volunteers that are conducive for healthy and effective ministry
• Oversee the planning and execution of designated weekly programming opportunities such as Sunday Morning Spark(Middle School Gathering) and Wednesday Night Wildfire (High school and Middle School Bible Study)
• Develop, plan and deliver messages for different weekly programming opportunities
• Seek new opportunities for student outreach and faith development in our church and our local community
• Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced student ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, leadership development, mission, and outreach.
• Counsel students on an as needed basis in areas including but not limited to loss of a loved one, stress, anxiety, peer pressure, etc.
• Serve as a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to students and student ministries.
• Coordinate weekly programming and recruit volunteers in partnership with the Director of Student Ministries.
• Work in partnership with the Director of Student Ministries to plan and coordinate large ministry events such as DNOW, Mission Trips, Camps, and Retreats.
• Work in partnership with Family Ministry staff to plan large, church wide events such as Fall Festival, Family Ministry Sunday, and other special events.
• Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, social media, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation is timely and effective
• Be active in supporting students in a variety of ways including but not limited to attendance at extracurricular activities, special reach outs, coffee times, visitation, times of crisis
• Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
Job Type: Full-time Pay: $42,000.00 per year People Served: Students in grades 6-12 and their families
Reports to: Director of Student Ministries Please submit a resume and cover letter to Taylor Ory at Taylor@fumc-rr.org to apply
Contact: Taylor Ory
PO Box 1448 Round Rock 78680
Email: Click to email