Director of Communications and Marketing
JOB DESCRIPTION Director of Communications and Marketing UNIVERSITY PARK UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
University Park United Methodist Church seeks strategic, experienced, and passionate communication professional to lead internal and external communications. Internal communications will be focused on improving the effectiveness of communication and increasing member engagement. External communications will be focused on helping more people discover, connect with, and join UPUMC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Lead and manage internal and external communications functions of the church.
- Direct and implement all communications activities for the church, including weekly email distribution and additional as-needed email communication, upumc.org website, social media, direct mail campaigns, worship bulletins and inserts, and other print, external and internal signage, and digital materials.
- Manage the church’s relationship with print vendors for all campaign collateral, stationary, indoor and outdoor banners, and other UPUMC branding items.
- Manage the church’s relationship with Firespring, the website host and provider.
2. Manage annual communications plan and budget.
- Manage the preparation of the annual communications budget and facilitate its review and approval.
- Manage the preparation of the annual communications plan and facilitate its review and execution throughout the year.
3. Manage external marketing and advertising program.
- Determine the most appropriate venues for marketing and advertising the church and manage insertions, including newspaper, bulk mailing, and digital advertising.
- Manage the brand and external identity of the church, including logo usage, messaging, and tone.
- Review of all internal and external building signage
4. Serve as an advisor and partner to all ministry leads on communications issues.
- Responsible for designing and producing digital and physical media for programmatic and operational ministries.
- Responsible for developing church-wide communication strategies and calendar
5. Perform other duties assigned by the Executive Pastor or Lead Pastor.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
- Committed to the Christian Church
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related area of study
- Five years of experience in communications roles, with at least two years in a strategic position. Previous church communications experience is a plus.
- Expert at storytelling with the experience and ability to create compelling and relevant narratives that can move people to action
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with individuals of varying ages and backgrounds, including all levels of church staff and lay volunteers
- Ability to prioritize mission-critical tasks in a fast-paced culture while retaining the flexibility to meet the moment's needs.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about The United Methodist Church, its theology, and its operating structure
- Willingness to work some weekends and evenings as necessary
- Willingness to engage in continuing education experiences to improve professional skills
- Familiarity with office procedures, equipment, and computer capabilities and versatility, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Creative Suite. Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Emma Williams
4024 Caruth Blvd Dallas TX 75225
Email: Click to email