Summer Internship (Multiple Positions Available)
Summer Internship Positions: Summer 2023 Summer internships at University United Methodist Church are intended to help college-aged students who are discerning a call to vocational ministry or looking to serve in a ministry setting during the summer while also growing in their sense of vocation.
Each internship will include a retreat and weekly classes our college ministry provides to encourage peer relationships and spiritual development. Housing arrangements can be discussed with those who do not live in the area. See the following for descriptions of each program internship. Unless otherwise noted, the summer interns are full-time from the middle of May to the middle of August.
Candidates may send questions and/or completed job applications to SReiter@UniversitySATX.org or turn applications in to the church office, with the attention of Sarah Reiter.
Please specify which internship(s) [Communications/AV, Hospitality, Kids, Outreach, and/or Student Ministries] you would like to be considered for in the email and application.
- Communications/AV Intern (Full Time, 40 hours- Non-Exempt): Communications/AV Ministry has an opening for one summer intern. The applicants should have graduated high school and be at least 18 years old by the time of internship, be Christ-centered, and have the desire to serve all parts of the church from the creative and technical side of ministry. The intern will experience the various areas of the department week to week, including audio-visual production in worship & summer events, graphic design, video production, IT, and technology management. Experience in Communications or AV is optional.
- Hospitality Ministry Intern (Full Time, 40 hours- Non-Exempt): Hospitality has an opening for one summer intern. Applicants should be at least one-year post-high school graduation or in graduate school, have a heart for hospitality, and have a love and passion for the Lord. Additionally, applicants should be able to be flexible and creative to adapt to a dynamic community and a schedule that is not constant. The intern will lead the planning effort for hospitality events, assist the hospitality, and support other church ministries and outside organizations using church facilities and overnight groups. Expect a work schedule change to support specific events (including Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings and some overnights to host outside groups).
- Kids Ministry Intern (Full Time, 40 hours- Non-Exempt): Kids Ministry currently has an opening for one summer intern. The applicants should have graduated high school and have a love and passion for the Lord, children, and families. The Kids Ministry summer intern will assist with the planning and leading of several summer events, including Vacation Bible School. They will gain experience working with a large age range of children from infancy through 5th grade. There will be large and small group teaching opportunities weekly and various responsibilities that practice effective communication with volunteers and families.
- Outreach Ministry Summer Intern (Full Time, 40 hours- Non-Exempt): Outreach Ministry has an opening for one summer intern. Applicants should have graduated high school and be at least 18 years old by the time of the internship. They should be able to be flexible and creative to adapt to the needs of a dynamic community and a flexible schedule. The intern will lead the planning effort for at least one community event. They will assist other church ministries with their outreach events, including the Middle and High School Mission trips and Vacation Bible School. They will coordinate with our San Antonio non-profit partners to help meet their needs. This could entail work with international refugees, Spanish-speaking residents, DFPS caseworkers, and working with families that have experienced trauma, among other things
- Student Ministry Intern (Full Time, 40 hours – Exempt): Student Ministry is excited to welcome applicants for two available summer internships. The applicant should be two years post-high school graduation and have a love and passion for the Lord, students, and families. These interns will assist with planning, leading, and attending our mission trips for Middle School June 11-16 and High School July 8-15. They will also rotate through teaching during our weekly worship service, Wednesday Night Live, and lead Sunday morning programming for students. The intern team will plan and carry out 12-15 intern-led events over the summer. They will be expected to connect with students, communicate with families about our events, be present at all student ministry events, and perform other duties as assigned.
Please visit https://www.universitysatx.org/about-us/university/employment/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to fill out the Intern Application. Submit all applications and questions to SReiter@universitysatx.org
Contact: Sarah Reiter
5084 DeZavala Rd San Antonio TX 78249
Email: Click to email