Director of Congregational Discipleship
A well-established United Methodist Church in Grinnell, Iowa is seeking a full-time Director of Congregational Discipleship.
This mission-minded congregation engages over 350 in worship weekly and is adding a leader to their staff who will oversee the programs, experiences, and events that are a part of the discipleship pathway for children, youth, and adults. A priority of this role is to build relationships with both those who currently are a part of the congregation as well as those who are in the community. An organized, connectional, energetic leader with strong communication skills and a passion for reaching people would be ideal. This position reports directly to the Senior Pastor. Interested candidates should have completed their undergraduate degree and have knowledge and acceptance of United Methodist polity. Other areas of responsibility and qualifications include the following:
- Coordinating, training, and resourcing volunteers for all discipleship ministries.
- Creating an atmosphere of belonging and fellowship.
- Growing weekly programs in participation, enthusiasm, and excellence.
- Connecting with first-time guests and visitors.
- Designing curriculum for the GUMC discipleship pathway.
- Ensuring Safe Sanctuary Policies are known and adhered to.
- Preparing and overseeing the annual budget.
- Championing spiritual milestone celebrations including baptisms, confirmation, promotions, and graduations.
- Being present and actively participating in the life of the church and community.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (Master of Divinity Degree or Masters in Christian Education preferred.)
- Knowledge of the Bible and theology.
- Acceptance of United Methodist polity.
- Ability to provide pastoral care.
- Ability to provide professional-level spiritual formation opportunities.
- Strong initiative.
- Ability to connect well with youth and adults.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to growing as a disciple in Christ.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Contact: Renée Wilson
916 5th Avenue Grinnell IA 50112
Email: Click to email