Do you love God and love sharing faith with teenagers? We are seeking an experienced individual who will be responsible for the Youth Ministry at First United Methodist Church, Killeen. They will provide leadership and oversight for all aspects of the Youth Ministry so that students can know and follow Jesus Christ. We expect the successful candidate to be able to build and mentor a team of volunteers to fulfill the mission of the ministry. A candidate must exhibit a personal and growing faith, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life. Above all else, this person will be a follower of Jesus Christ with a passion for making disciples of Jesus Christ. This position is part-time, and salaried.
• Create and execute a long-term church-aligned vision for First United Methodist Church’s youth ministry.
• Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
• Recruit, train, and shepherd volunteers with diverse gifts and personalities.
• Promote an environment where students feel connected to each other as a church family; where each student is valued and celebrated.
• Invest and engage relationally with youth.
• Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
• Create fun and meaningful opportunities for all youth to connect and grow together.
• Ensure safe and healthy classroom/small group environments.
• Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
• Provide clear weekly communication to youth and parents of events/activities.
• Promote the unity, direction and vision of FUMC by participating in staff and leadership meetings.
• Carefully plan and manage the Youth Ministry budgets
• Other duties as required.
• Gifted and called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
• 1-3 years prior professional leadership experience in a growing youth ministry with preference given to those with experience in a church of 300+
• Is an engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with United Methodist doctrine.
• Organized, prepared, punctual, proactive, self-starter with a positive attitude.
• Possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field, experience in youth ministry, basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with the ministry.
• Willing to become an engaged member of the FUMC community.
• Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision; flexible to changes in procedures and/or direction.
• Possesses qualities catalytic to teen ministry; for example, has a sense of humor, energetic, and authentic.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Possesses strong computer skills & familiarity with social media tools and their use for ministering to youth.
• Lead staff efforts to maintain the youth ministry's social media presence.
• Has basic experience working with AV, media, and presentation software.
Contact: Molly Simpson
Email: Click to email