Director of Music - St. Stephen UMC
The Director of Music helps develop and lead the worship music ministry for the church, in consultation with the Senior Pastor and other team members, in a way that is consistent with the mission, values, and theology of St. Stephen UMC.
- Creating and maintaining a strong prayer base for the music ministry.
- Select and prepare music for Sunday or other special services any day of the week.
- Participate in the annual and ongoing creative planning of the Sunday and special services with the Senior Pastor.
- Organize at least 2 major community "outdoor" worship/music experiences.
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd choir members, music team leaders, and musicians to serve in the spirit of love, joy, and hospitality.
- Develop musical teams and ensembles for services.
- Communicate regularly and faithfully with the Senior Pastor.
- Other Administrative duties (budgets, communications, reviews, etc.)
- An authentic and active relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Ability to guide volunteer singers and musicians in the Christian life.
- Lives and acts with integrity in all circumstances.
- Displays love, respect, and genuine interest in all people (being hospitable).
- Proven musical skills and competence.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and choir members.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Strong team player with the staff and congregation, and can work independently.
- Coachable and adaptable.
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated, and creative.
- Committed to the church's vision, mission, core values, leadership, and people Musical Competencies
- Ability in wide range of styles including Christian classics (hymns), gospels, spirituals and contemporary style of music.
- Ability to lead worship and to train others as individual and team worship leaders.
- Composing, arranging, writing, and sequencing music.
- Producing and directing special events, musicals and programs
- Connected to w network of musicians.
- Experienced with technical aspects of music, such as sound boards, theater lights, video editing, etc. or willingness to learn. This position is a part-time position
Contact: Susan Hoar
1800 W. Randol Mill Road Arlington TX 76012
Email: Click to email