Director of Youth Ministries Essential Functions
- Lead youth activities and lessons weekly during Sunday School on Sunday mornings, during Wednesday night programming, and for youth small groups.
- Lead Mission trip(s) annually.
- Plan and organize other activities throughout the year with the Director of Discipleship (i.e. lock-ins, retreats, camps, etc.)
- Chair the Youth Advisory Council
- Support youth as they engage in extracurricular activities by attending their games, meets, and events
- Be present in the community by attending community events and activities as directed by the Senior Pastor - Communicate effectively with Senior Pastor, Director of Discipleship, and other staff members.
- Maintains a calendar of future events (approx. 6 months out)
- Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to plan and facilitate Confirmation on a yearly basis.
- Be present weekly in our Sunday worship services.
- Maintain healthy Christian discipleship - Maintain channels of communication with parents and youth and general church congregation
- Make sure MinistrySafe protocols are being met for all volunteers.
- Participate in an annual review of job performance with the Senior Pastor
- Attend the weekly staff meeting as assigned by the Senior Pastor
-Other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor Qualifications & Core Competencies
First and foremost, the applicant must be intrinsically motivated by the mission of making disciples for Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. At least 2 years of experience working with middle school and/or high school students is required. The position requires a dynamic personality that can connect and relate to students, volunteers, and parents while also being able to offer strong leadership to these different groups. Due to the nature of the job an applicant must have a thorough understanding and agreement with Methodist theology, be responsible, and trustworthy.
Beyond these key qualifications, the following are also favorable characteristics for applicants:
- Organized & focused
- Proficient at vision and implementation of plans
- High level of integrity
- Ability to have fun! Pay & Job Details
- This is a part-time position with a $10,000 annual salary for approximately 12 hours of work per week.
- Paid vacation time is a benefit of this position. No other benefits are offered. - This position reports to the Senior Pastor and the Staff Parrish Relations Committee (SPRC) Vacation Policy Employee is given a maximum of three Sundays and three Wednesdays per calendar year as paid vacation days. These cannot be accrued from year to year. Any additional vacation days must be approved by the Church Board. It is understood that any additional vacation may be treated as unpaid time off. Anytime the employee is absent, a replacement/substitute must be arranged in advance in order to maintain continuity and momentum of the youth program.
Contact: Susan Henry
Address: 411 NE Barnard St Glen Rose 76043-4804
Email: Click to email