Student Director - Youth Ministries
Aledo United Methodist Church (AUMC) is currently seeking a full-time, experienced, individual who has the commitment, passion and vision to lead robust youth mission and ministry programs. The AUMC Student Director is responsible for the direction and oversight of the ministry for middle and high school students to ensure an efficient, safe and effective program while connecting with their families and nurturing the students in their life and Christian faith. The Student Director partners with the church membership, staff and Pastor. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Provide program and activity opportunities that are welcoming, engaging and disciple-building for youth including Sunday School, Wednesday night activities, mission trips, summer programming, worship experiences, spiritual life activities and recreational events.
- Visit and care for students by being present in the life of students (i.e. sporting events, fine arts) along with providing pastoral care when a student is ill or injured.
- Strengthen the youth program by bringing substance to the development of grace filled Christians, providing material based on the Bible and Methodist doctrine in a learning environment where our children and youth can enjoy a setting that allows them to ask questions in a non-judgmental environment and developing activities that will appeal to other Youth in the community that don’t currently attend church.
- Review, select and prepare curriculum for each program and each age level.
- Develop, lead and/or coordinate regular and varied mission opportunities for the youth from conference-wide projects to church-wide missions (Ramp Builds, Manna Room) along with youth volunteer opportunities (i.e. youth leaders at Vacation Bible School).
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new students and new families.
- In coordination with the Music and Worship Director, encourage and support youth musicians to share their gifts with the Aledo UMC congregation through worship services and/or the youth band.
- Plan, oversee, implement and communicate the Student Ministry budget.
- Champion unity in the church on every occasion, with no tolerance for gossip or the misuse of words with a commitment to conflict resolution. Aledo is a growing community around 20 miles west of Fort Worth, Texas. Please visit our church website for more information: https://aledoumc.org/. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Aledo United Methodist Church, Attn: AUMC Youth Director Search Committee, P.O. Box 126 Aledo, TX 76008. You can also email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Philip Kite
100 Pecan Drive Aledo 760008