Position Title: Administrative Manager Position a member of: Implementation and Administrative Leadership Team
Position relates to: Senior Pastor, Associate Ministers, Worship and Family Ministry Directors, Business Administrator, Worship Director, Creative Director and selected staff and laity leadership.
Position Overview: This position is responsible for the administrative support requirements of First Grapevine’s pastoral, creative implementation, financial and operations leadership and their related programs, ministries and missions.
Essential Job functions/responsibilities include: Providing essential administrative support to clergy, staff and laity leadership through;
• Ensuring a quality reception experience,
• Developing a deep understanding of First Grapevine’s programs, ministries and missions,
• Acting as the key contact for laity questions and guidance related to First Grapevine clergy, staff, programs, ministries, and missions,
• Acting as lead for Administrative Team,
• Coordinating office volunteers,
• Ensuring a compassionate and effective benevolence engagement process,
• Serving as the primary administrator of the Church calendaring and collaboration systems; Service U and Zoom, becoming power user of Church Management System,
• Administrating Ministry Safe program and ensuring Compliance,
• Managing the calendars of senior pastor, associate pastors, and business, facilities, administrator, and have awareness of production calendars,
• Creating the weekly “Monday Morning FYI” schedule update,
• Serving as backup for Communications Director role and
• Ensuring effective support of family ministry programs, ministries, and missions. Managing human resource processes through;
• Posting open First Grapevine positions with online recruitment sites,
• Screening candidate resumes to narrow list for the interview process,
• Conducting background checks for finalist candidates,
• Maintaining the confidential employee files, including PTO request and approvals, and
• Ensuring the accurate and timely administration of the Church payroll process. Character Spiritually mature believer in a vital, growing relationship with Christ expressed in a commitment to humble, servant leadership. Possesses a great sense of compassion for others and a heart for the local church and the wider kingdom of God.
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred,
• A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in administrative management is required,
• Prior experience in faith-based ministry or non-profit service is preferred,
• Proficiency in Microsoft office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher and Outlook,
• Demonstrate ability to learn basic knowledge of graphic and content software,
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with advanced relationship skills required,
• Must be detail-oriented, organized, creative, with the ability to multi-task, and
• Must be able to collaborate in a team environment. Work Environment The work environment is a professional office arrangement. As a church, it is important to convey a serving attitude and accommodating spirit to our members, guests and other people who interact with the church. This is a full-time position. Primary work week is Monday through Friday with some flexibility between the Church office and working from home.
• Competitive to market Travel: None required.
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, responsibilities or requirements that are necessary for the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time and with or without notice. Ability to be a team player and flexible in fulfilling needs as requested or as observed is expected.
Contact: Steve Allen
Address: Business Administrator Grapevine TX 76051