Director of Children’s Ministries, Part-time
The Church: Community of Hope United Methodist Church
Our mission is to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His salvation, MAKING, NURTURING, and EQUIPPING disciples on behalf of the Kingdom of God. We believe our Director of Children’s Ministries is essential to helping us achieve that mission. The congregation is in the process of positioning for growth and having a strong children's ministry is a vital part of the future. We are a congregation of 80 – 110 worshippers looking for the right person to help us grow our youngest disciples.
The Position: Community of Hope is seeking a Director of Children's Ministries who is passionate about seeing children grow in faith to become fully devoted followers of Christ. The Director will work with and enhance the volunteer ministry already in place while engaging in opportunities in the community to reach children with the hope of Christ. This specific ministry area covers children from birth through 6th Grade, with the responsibility of 4th- 6th grade shared with the established youth director. While experience is desired, training is available. This is a part-time position with an available salary of $6000.
- Work with volunteer teachers and helpers to create an environment for spiritual development and growth of the children through worship, study, play, and service
- Create new and innovative ways to engage families of the community in the mission and ministry of Hope • Utilizing and/or developing curriculum that is effective in communicating the Gospel and develops the spiritual, mental, and physical growth of children
- Create a safe environment through the administration of Ministry Safe standards as well as employing physical security measures • Collaborate with pastor to create specific goals for the children's ministry • Communicate effectively with parents and volunteers to keep all parties informed of the direction and goals of the ministry
- Has a personal, active, and growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ
- An excitement for presenting Jesus to children and their families
- Strong relational, communication, and organizational skills
- Previous ministry and /or teaching experience preferred
- Previous administrative experience preferred
Community of Hope United Methodist Church is based in Mansfield, TX. Mansfield is a thriving, growing suburban city and a great place to work, worship, and play. Should you feel that God is leading you in the direction of this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume and contact information to email@example.com.
1800 Debbie Ln Mansfield 76063
Attached file(s): view file