The Be the Bridge Brown Bag Book Study will be conducted via the Zoom meeting videoconferencing platform. While most folks have become familiar with Zoom meetings whether they wanted to or not since COVID-19 sent everyone home and socially distant in March 2020, the following are a few basic instructions and tips for participating in the discussion via Zoom. For more in depth Zoom tutorials, visit the Zoom Help Center at support.zoom.us.
Make sure to Update or Download Zoom prior to the meeting
- If you’ve previously used Zoom on the device(s) you plan to use for the meeting, please make sure you have updated to the latest version of Zoom (which is Zoom 5.3.2 as of this writing)
- Zoom typically updates automatically whenever you use the application. So, if you haven’t used it in a while, you might want to log in a little early to make sure that update completes prior to the meeting.
- You can also go to https://zoom.us/download and manually download the latest version of Zoom. Click here for more information on updating to the latest version of Zoom.
- If this is your first time using any ZOOM product, please download the ZOOM desktop client and/or mobile app from this link: https://zoom.us/download
Logging in to the Brown Bag Book Study
After you have completed the short registration form (ctcumc.org/be-the-bridge-registration), you will be emailed a link and Zoom meeting access information, which will also include a teleconferencing number for those who wish to join via telephone (audio only). There are three main ways to join the videoconference with the emailed link.
- Click on the link provided where you see “Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android.”
- Open a web browser (Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) > go to join.zoom.us > type in the meeting ID number found in the email invite in the Join a Meeting box > click Join
- Open the Zoom desktop client (after downloading Zoom to your system) > click either Sign In or Join a Meeting > type in the meeting ID number found in the email invite > enter the name you want displayed (or if you logged in first, you may change it here if necessary) > Click Join
If, after following the steps to join a meeting, you receive a message that says something like “waiting for host to start the meeting,” simply remain on that screen and you should be joined automatically once Bishop Lowry and Dr. Howard launch the meeting from their end.
For more details on and methods of joining a Zoom meeting, please click here.
Tips for participating in the meeting
- Please join the meeting with your video on – camera icon in lower left of screen will be red with line through it if the video is not active
- Please join the meeting with your mic muted – microphone icon in lower left of screen will be red with a line through it if muted.
- Position your camera so that others can see your full face if possible.
- Make sure that the primary light in the room is in front of you (i.e. don’t sit in front of a window with no light on your face unless you wish to remain anonymous)
- If you have a question or wish to speak, please use the Q&A function – not chat, but Q&A.
General Zoom Q&A
My video/camera isn’t working.
There is an echo in my meeting.
Audio isn’t working on my mobile device.
How do I reset my password?
What role do I have on my Zoom account?
Where can I find my account owner?
Why can’t I hear the people on screen?
- You will want to ensure that the volume on your computer, tablet, or phone is turned up. Ensure that you haven’t turned off your ability to hear by pressing the buttons that turn your volume up.
How do I change my name?
- You can change your name in the Zoom desktop app by clicking on your icon in the upper right corner and choosing profile. This will bring you to the online portal. To access your Zoom profile, sign in to the Zoom web portal on your browser of choice and click Profile. To change your name, click Edit on the right side. You can also add other profile information including Phone, Department, Job Title, Company, and Location.