Thanksliving Offering 2012

Each year the churches of the Central Texas Conference (CTC) receive a special Thanksliving offering designed to support a mission-based initiative here in the CTC and another that goes to fight global hunger. The offering is split 90/10 between the recipients chosen with the larger percentage rotating each year between the local and global initiatives. Last year, 90 percent of the offering stayed in Central Texas and supported the hunger ministry programs of the CTC.
 
This year, the 90 percent portion of the offering is earmarked to support the global Kids Against Hunger ministry. The remaining 10 percent will be used to support local backpack ministry within the Central Texas Conference. 
 
Kids Against Hunger packages a rice-soy casserole fortified with vitamins and minerals that are delivered to starving children around the world.  Watch for information in 2013 about how you can be involved in hands-on ministry using funds raised through this offering to combat global hunger.  Thank you to a number of Central Texas Conference churches who are already involved in this ministry and who will assist us in growing our efforts in 2013.  Detailed information about one of our local conference satellites can be found at kidsagainsthungerpc.com.   
 
The Central Texas Conference Council on Finance and Administration recommends the annual Thanksliving Offering be taken in November. Churches should submit all donations from this special offering via a remittance form to the Central Texas Conference Service Center 464 Bailey Ave., Fort Worth, TX 76107. Please indicate that your donation is for Thanksliving 2012.