Finances and Stewardship: A New Approach for Today!!!
A workshop/seminar designed to equip, encourage and energize your church’s stewardship and financial ministry team is coming to the Central Texas Conference in April. The seminar will be led by Rev. Clif Christopher – one of the most sought after experts/speakers on this topic.
“Do we really have all the resources we need to provide for the all the ministries and missions we want to tackle?”
“What can we do to get our church finances where we want/need them to be in order to be a vital church in this economy and with today’s competitive climate?”
“Planning for the future is a wonderful idea and an obvious necessity for success, but I want to know just how are we going to pay this month’s bills?”
If you or members of your church have been kept up at night recently with questions like the one’s above bouncing around your head(s), please consider joining your brothers and sisters from around the Central Texas Conference (CTC) at the Spring Stewardship Meeting from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, April 27 at Acton UMC. Rev. Clif Christopher will be on hand to assist local church leaders of the CTC (Finance, Stewardship, PPR chairpersons, Lay Leaders, Pastors and anyone interested in the financial health of their church) in finding new ways to fund the ministries and missions of your church.
Some of the planned topics of discussion and learning for the workshop include…
- Hear the importance of focusing on the vision God has for your church
- Learn the importance of sharing the victories that your congregation provides
- Continue to capture the cultural shifts in which “todays” givers will respond
- Learn of the importance of accountability and transparency for today’s givers
- Come away with some fresh insights and approaches to stewardship
- Recognize the importance of your local church in spreading the message of Christ and offering the United Methodist presence in your community
- To see the offering plate not as a means of church survival but as an opportunity to spread the message God has for us as change agents in the world
To register for the event, please click here, the logo above or the Stewardship Meeting Registration tab to in the left hand navigation bar.
Horizons was founded in 1992 by Dr. Clif Christopher, an ordained pastor and stewardship consultant, to assist churches and other faith-based institutions to make strategic decisions and secure the necessary capital to accomplish their mission. The use of the word stewardship in the company name is very intentional as they believe that we are all creatures of a loving God who gifted each one of us that we might use our gifts to enable His will to be done.
In 2012 the Horizons team passed the ONE BILLION DOLLAR mark in funds raised for the Christian community. They have actually secured $1,157,000,000.
Books by J. Clif Christopher
- Holy Smoke!: Whatever Happened to Tithing?
- Not Your Parents' Offering Plate: A New Vision for Financial Stewardship
- Whose Offering Plate Is It?: New Strategies for Financial Stewardship
- Rich Church, Poor Church - Keys to Effective Financial Ministry