PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE IMAGE TO VIEW
2013 Giving Remittances need to be to the CTCSC by Jan. 8
Please see the schedule below as you plan your church’s year-end remittances to the Conference Service Center. These dates apply to both Connectional Mission Giving and all remittance giving, including Special Day offerings and Advance Specials.
- Christmas Week – Service Center closed Dec. 24-27
- Monday, Dec. 30 – Last Day to mail (Priority Mail)
- Tuesday, Dec. 31 – Service Center closed
- Wednesday, Jan. 1 – Service Center closed
- Friday, Jan. 3 – Last Day to Schedule Online Payment (Start Date no later than Jan. 4)
- Monday, Jan. 6 – Last Day to email bank draft info to Service Center
- Tuesday, Jan. 7 – Bank draft processing
- Wednesday, Jan. 8 – Last Day to Hand Deliver
- Thursday, Jan. 9 – Remittance Close Out for 2013
GCFA Statement on Tax-Favored Housing for Clergy Case
For more than two years, the General Council on Finance and Administration (GCFA) has been tracking a federal court challenge brought by Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) to declare the tax-favored housing benefits for clergy portion of Section 107 of the tax code unconstitutional. On Nov. 21, a federal district cour tjudge in Madison, Wisconsin, held that portion of Section107 o the tax code to indeed be unconstitutional. See the for full details.
GBOPHB Releases Resources to Help Navigate ACA
The General Board of Pensions and Health Benefits has released a resource designed to help clergy and laity better understand the Affordable Care Act (ACA). or the Affordable Care Act and You graphic below to access this resource.