Lay Speakers’ 8th Annual Meeting
Convenes Feb. 25-27 at Glen Lake
Each year the Lay Speaker Ministries offers an introduction to lay speaking and opportunities for lay persons to further their education and to fulfill requirements for continuing certification.
The Lay Speaker Annual Meeting prepares lay speakers for service with training courses and certification for areas of ministry such as leading meetings, prayers and study programs, assisting in worship services and providing support to care-giving ministries.
There are over 1,000 trained lay speakers in the Central Texas Conference who provide a wide range of services to their congregations, their districts and the conference.
All interested lay persons are invited to come and enjoy the fellowship, spiritual renewal and the various courses:
• Basic Lay Speaking Ministries: The Basic Course
• Lay Speakers Cultivate Christian Community
• Change the World
• Lay Pastoral Care Giving
• Lay Speakers Are Accountable Disciples
• Lay Speakers Can Lead in Evangelism
• Lay Speakers Preach
• Lay Speakers Lead in Prayer
• Lay Speakers Discover Spiritual Gifts
• Dancing with Words
• Lay Speakers Grow Spiritually Through Daily Discipline
• Certified Lay Ministry Part 1 (a minimum two-year study program)
• Certified Lay Ministry Part 2
While an integral part of the Central Texas Conference Board of Laity, Lay Speaking Ministries currently relates also to the CTC Witness Council by collaborating with other ministries in strengthening evangelistic efforts for sharing personal and congregations’ stories of Christian experience, faith and service.
For a downloadable flyer and more information on each of the courses, registration and accommodations, click here. Please direct questions to Melissa Osborne at email@example.com.